Looking for a program to change metadata for use with Apple TV (Windows 8)

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by tjhilder, Feb 9, 2014.

1. tjhilder macrumors regular

tjhilder

hey,

I hope this is appropriate for this forum.

I'm looking for a free/cheap program that'll help me change the metadata for movies and tv shows that I've ripped to use on my Apple TV (3)

I've tried searching on Google but anything I found seemed to cater for the USA ratings system whereas I need it for the UK.

can anyone recommend something for use with windows? I've been using MakeMKV and handbrake to rip the films, I just need something to change the tags/metadata as I've found iTunes is limited in this capacity.

thanks for reading. :)

-Terry

2. Otago Lad macrumors member

Try MetaX at http://www.danhinsley.com/

I've been using this for ages and it has ratings etc. for USA, UK, Aus etc. I find it very good and have had no issues at all - I'm on Windows 7 but the website says Windows 8 works.

3. Rigby macrumors 601

I use MetaX too. Works fine on Win8. The user interface can be a bit quirky, but the app does the job well.

4. tjhilder thread starter macrumors regular

tjhilder

I tried MetaX but it only gives me US movie and tv ratings :(

5. Otago Lad macrumors member

They're definitely there. In the ratings box, if you scroll down you'll see further ratings below the US ones and also you can set the movie search etc. to check UK source first.

Look on the website and it says "Set the rating of a show to allow parental controls to work. You can even use country specific ratings for the UK, Germany, France, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, Ireland and Japan.".

It also shows you a picture of a search of Cool Hand Luke and to the right of the "Search" button it has a drop-down box with "US" - you can change this as well to one of the other countries.

6. tjhilder thread starter macrumors regular

tjhilder

Looking for a program to change metadata for use with Apple TV (Windows 8)

thanks, managed to find it. :)