Looking for a protective case for iPhone 3G.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by wardev, Nov 22, 2009.

1. wardev macrumors regular

I am looking for a protective case that helps protect against hard impact. My current case is a cheap AT&T case and I find the front to be too grippy and I have to press harder on the screen to register. I am looking for a case that allows my fingers to glide freely and is as unintrusive in my touch screen experience as possible.

The case can be clear or black.

Thank you.

if there is a thread/website reviewing these kind of cases, please point me to the link.

2. gunzmaiet macrumors regular

the otterbox cases have an emphasis on protection, i already reviewed the Impact for iPhone 3G, and will probably review the other case offerings for iPhone 3G soon

3. lemonademaker macrumors 6502a

lemonademaker

In a Van Down By The River! Metro Detroit!
    suit of armor = OtterBox Defender Case

i've had mine since day one with 3gs (4months) .... i'm in the construction business and it gives me piece of mind...
    impact & splash proof..... love it and once a week when i take it out to inspect the phone it's always in brand new condition....NOT A SCRATCH YET..

comprehensive MacRumors thread about this case.....
    HERE IT IS: OB Defender Thread

as far as the "watermarking" that happens with the screen protector is concerned, (it never bothered me from day one) but after a few times taking it in and out of the case it went away.....

4. wardev thread starter macrumors regular

wow, looks nice, if it is a bit pricey. I wonder if there are any cases that don't have anything on the touchscreen, as my only concern is drops and hard impacts.

5. lemonademaker macrumors 6502a

lemonademaker

the screen protector is easily taken off if you want.... plenty of people do it.... i like the splash proofness the screen protector gives me......

i bought mine on amazon for $30-$35......

6. lemonademaker macrumors 6502a

lemonademaker

7. gunzmaiet macrumors regular

Commuter TL helps from drops

8. wardev thread starter macrumors regular

ehehehe!
    yes.