Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

c073186

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
I lost the headset that came with my iPhone and I am looking for a replacement. I do not necessarily want to buy the same one again (I don't think it was anything special), but there are so many out there that I do not know which ones might be good. I want one that plugs in (as opposed to Bluetooth) because I don't want to spend very much. I just need a headset that will deliver solid performance... nothing special. Does anyone have a recommendation?

Thanks

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
As far as cheap headsets, I'm not sure. I've got the Klipsch s4i, and although they're a bit pricey (or at least not on the low-end), they're worth every penny.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I recently just got the Bose In-ear mobile. I love them. The quality is amazing compared to any of the headsets I've had over the past few years.

wilsonlaidlaw

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2008
Shure earphones difficult to beat

I have Shure E3c phones, which I think have now been superseded by the SE310. RRP is $299 but they can often be found at good discounts. They are remarkably good, with better sound than either my Sennheiser PXC 450 or Beyer Dynamic 990 headphones, both of which are considerably more expensive. Shure do various other models with 4 contact 3.5mm plugs and mics if required.

Wilson

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.