Looking for a refund??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Liverdance, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Liverdance macrumors newbie

Hi guys, I bought the iphone 3g on tuesday (14th october) and am hugely disappointed after not only paying 480euro for it, but having to leave vodafone and join o2 also!!
    The battery time is not as quoted , I get the day out of it (which is all i want really) but all i do is use the phone for texting mostly, and the odd 2 r 3 short calls a day and i still have to turn 3g off, location services off, brightness down, bluetooth off!! I feel like i have been ripped off and lied to as a matter of fact.
    First off i was aware of alot of things like no mms, no video recording etc I also knew bluetooth was restricted but i thought it would at least work with other iphones/apple products such as my macbook!! Its also pretty annoying that i cant have my own bloody ringtones, A feature nearly every other phone in ireland has!! And the sms pop up alert is the worst feature on any phone and sooner or later is gonna land alot of ppl in trouble!!
    In short - This is the worst phone i have ever owned and having had it for 6 days, I want my money back, I wasnt told half the details i should have been told before i bought the phone and i was told by o2 that if i experienced any problems to contact apple and NOT them.
    I have looked up o2's return policy and iam baffled to say the least, Theyre returns policy states "Any phone found faulty within 30 days of purchase maybe returned for a fully boxed replacement or a refund - whichever you prefer" Yet because i bought this phone in a shop and not online i seem to have lost these rights as it says "Unfortunetly if you bought your phone in one of our retail stores we cannot facilitate a fully boxed replacement or a refund" Also o2 in the uk offer a refund to any customer thats simple 'unhappy' with theyre phone within 14 days of purchase!!
    Can anyone please help me get my money back seen as o2 want nothing to do with me since i bought the phone.

2. cshale210 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

join every one else

3. philgilder macrumors 68000

you should be able to take it back, but you may not get a 100% refund as it has been opened and used

you could try and swap it as that battery sounds awful. i use it more than you and get at least 2 days out of it. also, you can have your own ringtones

4. Liverdance thread starter macrumors newbie

What kind of a refund would i get so? I only have the phone 6 days, Surely iam at least entitled to a brand new phone?? N seen as i dont want a brand new phone they might aswell give me a refund cause i can always call back in the following day with the same brand new phone for a refund? lol

5. philgilder macrumors 68000

well, you are entitled to a replacement
    the refund i don't know, as it is up to o2 and may also be different as you are in Ireland
    go in and ask

6. Liverdance thread starter macrumors newbie

Thats what i plan on doing but i feel like a bit of a tool seen as the girl that sold me the phone told me that if i had any trouble to contact apple and not o2 but surely its o2 that should be sorting the matter out for me seen as i bought the phone from them?? I mean in normal circumstances its the network that give out the refund not the manafacturer!! I will go mad if they dont give me a refund seen as they offer it to customers who bought theyre phone online and retuen it within 30days, I only have it 6 days but because i bought it in a shop i seem to have lost my right to a refund??? I dont understand that at all

7. philgilder macrumors 68000

if you have any issues with the device, say the battery, take it to apple
    if you want a refund, go to o2

8. lfc200 macrumors member

Well if you are unhappy with the phone you can bring it back to o2 and cancel the contract. You can do that no problem within 14 days of purchase. Obviously enough you would have to return the phone in full original packaging. Then you could switch away from o2 again with no problems.
    But if you decided that you wanted just to get a replacement iPhone then i am afraid that it has to be done through apple. o2 cannot give a replacement phone for the iphone im afraid.