Looking for a Refurb Intel Mac Pro 2008/2009 - Help Plz

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by erikromero10, May 6, 2010.

1. erikromero10 macrumors newbie

Hi,

In waiting and waiting and waiting for this 2010 MP model to come out, I really need to purchase a MP. So in the meantime, something to hold me over, I need an Intel Based Apple. My current MBPro Unibody is an 2.5Ghz Intel core 2 Duo with 4GB Ram. It runs logic pro without much issue (@25 Tracks with moderate to alot of processing). The problem is that I have some outboard gear that I cant connect to it bc of USB and Firewire limitations. I have daisy chained what I can, But I have an Access Virus Synth and and Moog Little Phatty Synth that need to be plugged in as well as Mouse, External drive, and my Apple Cinema Screen which also requires a USB port. So I've been looking online at refurbished models of MPs just to get a 2008 model intel core 2 duo or better, for a good price, enough that it can hold me over for the new MPs and if its good enough, maybe hold me over until next year. The other reason I need the MP is that old plugins that works on my G5 dont work on intel... different formats. I've seen MPs online, just want to know if anyone here can recommend something.

THANKS!

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

3. erikromero10 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

5. erikromero10 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well Im selling my G5 for $800 so that will eat up most of the cost if I get this one at Overstock. Then I can keep this one (Overstock) as a backup.... What do you think about the Overstock MP?

6. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

It's okay deal, works great as a server/backup computer when you get your brand new 2010 Mac Pro. You can also sell it for about that price, maybe 1200€ or so