Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rugbyspartan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2005
Can anyone suggest a screen cover they use or know of for a 12" powerbook? I do not mean a screen protector, but a cover that can be put over the screen when not in use to protect if from dust, etc.

Thanks

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Just close the lid. Besides, I don't think they make a dust cover for laptop screens. That, or it's just that I've never really seen any.

rugbyspartan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2005
I know I've seen someone at school with one, thats why I was asking. Sometimes I like to leave it up so it stays on and doesn't go to sleep, otherwise I tend to have to just close it as far down without it actually going to sleep. Any one else know of anything?

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I have an ibook that I leave partially open so that it continues to run, use it for folding and the web. I use a cloth to cover the key board. To save money just cut a piece of plastic to place over the lid.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
You could make a nice one with cardboard and duck tape, and then line it with felt. Very cost effective as well.

rugbyspartan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2005
Jaffa Cake said:
Why not just ask them? ;)

Yea I would if I knew him (or even remember who it was). Just saw someone putting away their mac one day and pulled over the screen a nice fitting screen cover before closing.

rugbyspartan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2005
MacHarne said:
I have a friend who owns one of the 15" screen sleeves by Acme. This may be what you're talking about.

Acme 12" PowerBook G4 Screen Sleeve

I'm considering one for my 12" PowerBook which arrived yesterday.

How does your friend like that one? That was really the only solid looking cover I could find. Any other suggestions from anyone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.