Looking for a simple app to store voice recordings and text notes accompanying them

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Spanky Deluxe, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Hi all,

Over the past few months I've taken to recording my weekly supervisor meetings because I've got such an awful memory that I'd forget everything otherwise.

Ideally I'd like to have an app with which I can store these recordings but in which I can also add a text description so that if in the future I need to refer back, I know where to look.

I'd just want something with a list showing:

28th August - Discussed conference, ideas about x, plan to run simulations varying y and z
    4th September - Discussed work on writing w routine, discussed initial x results

I realise that chances are there's nothing simple enough to do this kind of thing for me and so I might have to resort to something far more bulky and so I'm open to options for more bulky things.

Thanks in advance!

2. blodwyn macrumors 65816

Sounds like a Livescribe would be perfect for you. I've had mine for a few weeks and it's excellent for meetings. What's not clear from the videos that are great features:

- The audio is linked to what you write, so when you touch the pen to something you've written, the audio plays back from that exact spot
    - You can record audio without writing, and then play it back and take some notes while you're listening. The audio will then be linked to the notes you've taken, so you can jump back and forth by touching different points in your notes
    - You can use different notebooks at the same time, jumping around in them entirely ad-hoc (not sure if you can do this while recording audio). The Livescribe system tracks which notebook and which page you're writing on, so all the notebooks and contents of each page are correctly maintained

I highly recommend it

3. dk152 macrumors newbie

How about Evernote? http://evernote.com/

I use it to organize my thoughts and interesting blogs.

4. flanamac macrumors 6502

I am not sure if you received the answer you are looking for. I am looking for exactly the same type of app, so if you find something, please PM me. Thanks,
    Pat