looking for a simple solution to cover the back ONLY

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by xkmxkmxlmx, Mar 20, 2012.

1. xkmxkmxlmx macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

I use a slip case and do not need or want a cover on the front. All I am looking for is a simple, shell to cover the back. Preferably something with a matte-like finish.

Any suggestions? Thank you :)

2. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

The Belkin Snap Shield and Incipio Smart Feather might do.

3. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

I'm in the same position. I've had an Incipio Feather on my iPad 1 from the beginning, but for my eagerly awaited iPad 3 I want something similar but without cutouts for a Smart Cover - just good back and edge protection.

4. boltjames macrumors 68040

boltjames

You and me both.

There's only 1 back cover without the gaping-wound dust-catching opening on the left side for the smart cover and it's the SwitchEasy NUDE and they're not sure when they're releasing an updated version that fits.

BJ

5. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I'm in the same boat, I have a Twelve South BookBook that I transport my iPad in. I wanted something that would keep the back from getting scratched.

I picked up the Belkin Snap Case last night. So far so good. Like someone else mentioned it does have the gap for the smart cover, which I may still add later. It is also a matte finish, but still shoes the Apple logo. :)

This thread has a lot of reviews of the Belkin.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1345496

6. johndoe588 macrumors regular

Incipio NGP is another. No cutout and a matte finish.

7. turbotoes macrumors regular

I think this is what I'm going to go with, got a email from incipio confirming that the NGP does not pick up lint like silicon and won't get sticky with age like TPU.
    Even with express shipping from the states it's under 35€ so it's not too bad.
    Love the feather for my MBA, but it's got to many cutouts for the iPad.

8. boltjames macrumors 68040

boltjames

I am using this case right now, and its rubberized black finish looks great against the smart cover, but it's yet another cover that does NOT offer 100% coverage for the back of the iPad; it's got that gaping-wound dust-collecting opening on the entire left side to which the smart cover connects.

As such, it's not a good recommendation for the OP and I who want no smart cover 'integration', just want good ol' 100% back coverage. I'm using mine temporarily, until Switch Easy re-releases the NUDE for the The New iPad.

BJ

9. johndoe588, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2012

johndoe588 macrumors regular

I'm using an NGP for the iPad 2 on my 3. A poster in another thread mentioned it fit a little loosely on his 2 but was better on the 3, so I tried it out. Seems fine. As far as the material, I've been using the NGP om my iPhone 4 for quite a while. Picks up no lint or dirt, adds some grip without being sticky. It's a good material for this use.

10. Tedddman macrumors member

Is the iPad 2 NGP too tight on the new iPad to allow for a screen protector, such as a PS Crystal? It worked fine with one on my iPad 2.

11. turbotoes macrumors regular

That's good to know, I'll have a look about and see what I can find here in yurp then, might save me postage and the wait from the states ;)

That's a good point about the screen protector, any feedback there?

12. johndoe588 macrumors regular

That's a good question. I'm not using one right now, but I think I'll try one of the included ones tonight. If I do I'll report back.