Looking for a small external display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by alms, Dec 15, 2010.

1. alms macrumors member

I'm looking for a small external display for my MacBook Air. By "small" I mean 15 or 17 inches. Do such things even exist any more?

I'm trying to fit my office into a very small space. It would be great to have a 24 or 27 inch display, but there's just not room for that. I was considering replacing my 11-inch MBA with a 15-inch MB Pro, but I'd really rather not do that. I love the Air. Then I realized, "Hey, I could just add a 15-inch external display."

The problem is that I've been having a hard time finding one that looks reliably high quality.

Anyone have anything they could recommend?

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

As far as I have seen, major manufacturers don't make anything less than 18.5 anymore. Best bet might be trying to find an old 4:3 or 5:4 display, so you can at least have some decent resolution with a relatively small size. You could check ebay or CL, as I'm sure there are plenty out there.

3. alms thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, that seems to be the case. I guess it's time for plan B.

4. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

I believe that Dell and maybe HP, have some displays that are 17", they might even have something in 15". If memory serves they're under their business listings rather than consumer. HTH

5. ctyhntr macrumors 6502

ctyhntr

Staples has this 17" from Lenovo for $90. Amazon has a few 17" monitors. I'm sure you can find them online, try searching clearances and closeouts for the best deals.