Looking for a solution

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by gman901, Feb 20, 2011.

1. gman901 macrumors 6502a

I am starting to get low on space on my non-jailbroken iPhone 4 and know that if I delete a few larger games, I will be able to reclaim a lot of space. The problem is that I know by deleting games from the iPhone, I will lose my game saves and data. I really do not want to have to do a full iTunes restore from backup to get a few games running again. Is there any solution that will allow me to delete games and restore backups of the game data when I am ready to reinstall specific games? I would think the iTunes store would be all over this considering how many play games on iOS devices.

2. EuroBrit macrumors member

It's probably better to put the actual problem in the title so people can see if they can help you without having to click on the thread.

As far as I know, you cannot do this without jailbreaking, but I could very easily be wrong.

3. chr macrumors regular

Copy the saved game files to your PC or Mac with something like iPhone Explorer--then you can delete the application. If you choose to reinstall the game, just copy the saved game data back with the same application. No jailbreak required.

4. gman901 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Awesome! I'll try that! Thanks! (sorry about the title - I tried to edit it just now, but it won't let me edit the title)