Looking for a song... Or how to get it off a DVD

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tl01, Jan 12, 2014.

1. tl01 macrumors 65816

I am looking for the opening song from top gun. It isn't the exact same song as the Top Gun Anthem. Does anyone know how I can buy it? It isn't on the soundtrack. If not... Is there a way to get it from the DVD? An easy way for a mom who tries to be computer literate.... But doesn't have as much time as she would like to dedicate to technology;).

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I haven't seen the film in years, but isn't the opening track "Danger Zone", which is the first track of the soundtrack, available on Amazon?

3. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

No. It is a version of the anthem without the electric guitar. It is even better than the regular Anthem! It is not on the soundtrack:(.

4. T.Doyobi macrumors member

T.Doyobi

Try audio hijack pro?

Hi there,

I have used Audio Hijack Pro to sometimes sample music from DVD's, try Googling it, I think it's Rogue Amoeba that make it (I think). Anyway it lets you capture sound from most things running including DVD player, so you may find you can just put the dvd in and record the title music into it. It can record in MP3 or AIFF and there are quite a few options. You will likely get it in trial mode but I think it puts a restriction on how long you can record for. Something like ten minutes, but this is just a guess as I haven't used it in quite a while. I have used it to capture some sounds though and found it quite useful. After capturing in MP3 you can just import it into iTunes.

Been a while since I used it but give it a go and see.

Hope this helps

Cheers.

5. JackRoch macrumors member

Is it this version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVRUxtPKK-w ?
    …or one of the many others on YouTube.

As T.Doyobi suggested, you could use the trial version of AudioHijack or maybe one of the YouTube video downloaders.

I've never had much luck with the latter so happily paid for AudioHijack and Fission, their audio editor.