Looking for a source of video clips

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by gazfocus, Apr 29, 2008.

1. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

Hi,
    My church have asked me to make a series of videos that can be used as backgrouns for our worship songs. They want things such as oceans, skies, mountains, universe, etc...

Does anyone know of a good source of such video clips (either free or cheap)?

Thanks

2. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

You probably won't come across very much cheap or free stock footage that's "good" or high-resolution enough for your purpose.

That being said, I like artbeats.com, but if you Google for "stock footage" or "stock video" you will find many sources. They're usually rather expensive, but they are royalty free.

Edit: Although really, have you considered photographs instead? Seems like video would be rather distracting behind text (although I know this is your church asking, not you).

3. trudd macrumors regular

trudd

Nothing beats solid black. Tell the deacons "less is more"!

4. gazfocus thread starter macrumors 68000

gazfocus

This is for a special event and not for every week use. I have found a few sites that charge $49 for 12 clips (specifically worship clips) but I've seen others chargin $150 per clip

5. AviationFan macrumors 6502a

AviationFan

Have you looked at istockphoto.com? I got a lot of clips through them, and stills, of course, which maybe you can animate slightly (zoom/pan) to make it look like they are in motion.

Prices depend on the resolution that you need, but all in all I'd call them very affordable.

- Martin