Looking for a specific app

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Azmontana, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Azmontana macrumors regular

Azmontana

I was wondering if it is possible to create notes on the iphone and have them password protected kinda like the wallet function on the nokia phones. Found ewallet on the app store but you have to pay for it. Anyone know of a solution.

Thanks

2. ivtecDOu macrumors 6502

ivtecDOu

3. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

That's a smart idea! I haven't seen one. Does 1password or any of those pasword programs have notes?

4. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Just put a number lock on the phone. Then use notes.
    Or use drafts for emails?

5. Azmontana thread starter macrumors regular

Azmontana

It's annoying to keep putting in the pin when you take your phone off sleep. Also with friends who like to mess about with my phone, not really the best option

6. jsgreen macrumors 6502

Yes, the 1Password application supports secure notes (and the iPhone app is currently free!)

7. rayward macrumors 68000

Splash ID is another option. I use it because I'd used on my BlackBerry and already had a data file which I could import into the iPhone version, so I didn't check out the competition. The desktop-handheld sync is a little awkward, because it has to be done over wifi and initiated manually.

It's got great flexibility as you can customise all the categories and even the fields in individual records. Costs $10 from the App Store, with the desktop companion app being a free download once you've installed the app on your iPhone.