Looking for a specific case for my MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thatg, Oct 3, 2007.

1. thatg macrumors member

hey so i just got my macbook pro. best thing ever. anyway i dont want to see it get any scratches i saw someone with a case for their 13" macbook it was like a nylon case that hols each end of the laptop so that when you unzip it its still in the case and you can close it and just zip it back up. also had a handle which could come in handy. it was the same material as the incase it looked like so it was a soft kind of material. if anyone has any idea what case this was and if they make it for the 15" pro let me know, thanks

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N
    the same way this laptop is sitting in this sleeve

2. Creibold macrumors regular

Creibold

Look at the Mosho Codex 15. Awesome little case, most likely what your looking for.

3. merc669 macrumors 6502

merc669

I just wonder how much heat would build up using one of these. They looking good but I imagine that even with access to all the ports including power you would only want to use this for some lite work to keep heat out as a factor. Any ideas?

Bill......:apple:

4. thatg thread starter macrumors member

wow this looks like its it, awsome case. do you know if it somehow holds each end so that if you unzip and open it stays together?

5. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

x2.

With the heat the MBP's throw off you think it'd light one of those things on fire if Photoshop was open.

I guess it's better than my crotch lighting on fire, however, if I have the MBP in the case while on my lap, all 3 could go up in flames. Which would result in no future little Veritas&Equitas Jr.'s running around the house.

Hence my concern.

6. ANH25 macrumors newbie

ZeroShock case

I hope I am not too late, but I really like my Zeroshock case from Shinza.com. They have it in orange! http://shinza.com/product_info.php?products_id=96
    I read somewhere that they usually give you a discount code if you email them.

7. Brianstorm91 macrumors 65816

Brianstorm91

8. mcmacmcmac macrumors member

I ordered the codex 15 but it and the MBP have yet to arrive. The reviews for the codex are solid but I would not use it when doing intensive stuff because of the heat factor.. But I think it's good if you just need it for an hour or 2 and don't want the hassle of taking it out of the case and putting it flat on some unworthy desk, etc..

It should arrive tomorrow if you want to wait for first thoughts