Universal Looking for a specific email function

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by thecounthahaha, Feb 7, 2017.

1. thecounthahaha macrumors regular

Hi all,

I send a lot of emails to myself to keep track of things to do, lists etc. By using snoozes I can keep on top of everything whilst also having access to all of the emails on a desktop client such as Mail.

I'm finding myself accidentally send emails to other addresses instead of my own, by accident, which is not good!

Is there an app that has a widget or something that I can press and it will send ONLY to myself? 'Send an email to me' sort of thing.

Perhaps I'm looking for a solution that isn't needed, and I should just spend more time checking the address before I send, but I'd rather not make an embarrassing mistake!

Does anyone know of anything?

Thanks

2. pacorob macrumors 68000

pacorob

There are apps in the App Store which offer a feature for sending notes or list to yourself.
    Such as:
    - Mail to Self
    - Note to Self Mail

I don't think apps such as Apple Mail, Airmail, Spark or Outlook offers such a thing. Another thing that might be an option is using a Task app that offers reminders. There are various options out there. Like Any.do or Todoist (paid premium version only has reminders)

3. thecounthahaha thread starter macrumors regular

Mail to self is great, but unless I've misused it only for emailing things like webpages to myself using the share button. Brilliant app though.

What I've come to use if Launch Center Pro, which I was using already for quick google map destination buttons. I've set up 2 buttons for my 2 accounts and they are accessible in the widgets or through force touch.

Now I just need to train myself to email myself through there rather than my normal email client!

https://contrast.co/launch-center-pro/

4. pacorob macrumors 68000

pacorob

Launch Center Pro, Workflow and IFTT are apps that tend to have such advanced features build in as well to connect features and apps with each other. I don't use them but bought them in the past as well. I do use my Launcher widget daily though but that is more a quick feature to access Settings and app and certain things like open a new e-mail via the Notification Center.