Looking for a specific iPad Presentation App

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by avguru1, Apr 22, 2011.

1. avguru1 macrumors newbie

I'd like to create a presentation that meets the following criteria. I see this is a common request through scouring the boards but perhaps there has been some new app I may not know about.

1) Has a magazine type feel - page "flips" both forward and backwards
    2) Links with int he document to skip to various sections within the document
    3) Can play Quicktime files.
    4) VGA (or DVI / HDMI) out.

I've worked with many apps, but none seem to deliver all of these.

Keynote does all of this, except hyperlinkes are disabled, which means jumping to specific pages (or links to the previous page, in order to trigger a page turn back) is not possible.

If I decide to create a PDF, I can use a reader which gives the page flip "feel". However, PDF readers such as Good Reader, Stanza, either do not understand links within a PDF, do not understand Quicktime files, don;t have VGA out OR do not have the page flip "feel". Can't have all 4. (although Good Reader is close!)

The last try was creating a website to run local on the iPad. I can do this, but the page turn "feel" leaves much to be desired, since flash is not supported, and various other tricks (jQuery, for example) do not run very smoothly (iPad 1).

So, anyone have any ideas on a app that can do all of this? Not opposed to paying for it, but custom development is a bit out of the price range for now.

Thanks!

~Michael

2. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

If you have an iPad 2, it can output anything on the screen. App does not need to support it.

3. avguru1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks!

1 down, 3 to go.

Anyone else?

~Michael

4. weenie macrumors member

I used to use GoddReader for presentation, but have been using 2Screens (and 2Screens remote to control from iPhone) exclusively.

There were 2 other threads that discussed these 2 apps in details, search under "2Screens" and "HDMI".

5. avguru1 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'll revisit 2 screen, and look into the posts - thanks!

To your knowledge, does 2 screens meet the requirements I outlined above?

~Michael

6. avguru1 thread starter macrumors newbie

I presume you mean this:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1129759&highlight=2screens+hdmi

You share some great info. I'm interested in the retaining of links (jump to specific pages, triggers for transitions, etc) within 2Screens, obviously because Keynote for the iPad strips it. It appears by your posts this can be done. Maybe I need to invest in yet another presentation app ...just to try, unfortunately... unless you have some more insight.

Thanks again!

~Michael