Looking for a specific Mavericks app...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Whaletrain, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Whaletrain macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

In preparation of getting a new Mac, I'm sort of making a list of all the apps I should download upon setting it up.

Now, I've had an idea, and I know these exists, but don't really know the term or a good recommended app is. Basically, I was looking at the feature :apple: has introduced in Yosemite - SMS and Phone calls read from an iPhone. Now I don't actually have an iPhone so am unable to take advantage of this.

Is there a similar app for Android that can integrate well into OSX? With toast notifications, answer and call straight from your mac and also send SMS messages?

Thanks.

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Take a look at the OS X app Phone Amego. I believe it will do what you want.

3. Whaletrain thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll check it out when I receive my Mac. Do you know if it would work specifically with an S4?

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

It says on the site there they support Android, so it looks like it would. It appears to use standard Bluetooth protocols.

They have a free 21 day trial, so you can test it out first before spending money.