Looking for a specific PC-NVidia-Card to flash

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by raller, May 5, 2009.

1. raller macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I was able to try the new NVidia 3D-Shutter-Glasses on a PC, and I liked it.
    It is something I dreamed off in my C64-days long time ago ;-)
    I think about getting a MacPro and installing a flashed NVidia-Card with the connector for the shutter-remote. I hope to have the card running under OSX as a normal card and, when booting into Vista ( for games only!! ), I then can enjoy the 3D-effect.
    Now: is there a new generation Nvidia-card with the 3D-connector that will be flashable for OSX? That would be great news for me. I know the new Quattro-card has this connector also for OSX (?), but this thing is way off limits in terms of pricing.
    Thanks,
    Raller

2. tobyg macrumors 6502a

You are aware that you also need a 120hz monitor, right? And there are only a few of those available right now.

3. raller thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I know...
    I have tried this on a specific beamer with 120Hz and 720p, which was very impressive :D
    Raller

4. raller thread starter macrumors newbie

Maybe I need to change my question:
    What Nvidia-Cards can be flashed?
    What Type/manufacturer/ part number?
    Thanks,
    Raller

5. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

You may have to wait for the GTX 285 Mac version or the Quadro FX 4800 to hit retail. Then some bioses might become available that you could use. If not then netkas' solutions might be an option once the drivers are at least released.