Looking for a specific type of case - please help!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by eyespii, Dec 25, 2009.

1. eyespii macrumors 6502

So, I just got a brand spanking new 16gb iPhone 3gs, and loving it so far! However, I need to get a case for this bad boy, cause it always feels like it's about to slip out of my hands.

I'm looking for a skin case that is made out of that soft-touch matte rubber (much like the soft-touch back that was sold for the Palm Pre, or the back of the HTC Touch). Basically, something thin and light that will protect against the occasional drop, but also something that won't stick to the inside of my jeans pocket.

Any recommendations?

2. chibamac macrumors 6502

chibamac

switcheasy "Colors"
    http://switcheasy.com/products/ColorsTouch/ColorsTouch.php

That'll doo ya :)

3. eyespii thread starter macrumors 6502

4. Surely Guest

Surely

Yes. The Seidio Innocase II.

Best case evar.

My iPhone 3GS still looks brand new because of this case, and I got it in the summer.

[​IMG]

Looks even better in person.

(the window over the Apple logo has a thin film of plastic to protect it)

5. eyespii thread starter macrumors 6502

Just wanted to say that I got my innocase surface from amazon a few days ago, and this thing is sweet! It's seriously EXACTLY the type of case I was looking for. Thanks!

6. KoolStar macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

7. eyespii thread starter macrumors 6502

From the looks on the switcheasy site, it looks like their cases are more of the silicone rubber material that "sticks" to the inside of your pants pocket rather than the smooth soft-touch rubber that the innocase surface is made of. Can anyone confirm?

8. zdblue11 macrumors member

zdblue11

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=838249
    above link is my short review on the sgp silke silcone case
    if you do want a case that is really thin and protects against scratches (light drops) then this is the case to go with.
    it also has a real nice screen protector with the case and its pretty cheap
    you should definately check it out.

9. KoolStar macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

It does not stick at all, the "rubber" is more of a polymer and it does not stick at all. It is more like a matte plastic rubber material. I think it feels just like the incase.

10. alamperti macrumors member

alamperti

Hi: you may want to check these Hydrocarbon Polymer products:

1) SwitchEasy Vulcan (own it, excellent case!)
    2) iSkin solo (own it, very good case!)
    3) Incipio NGP (will buy next January)

cheers :)

11. Surely Guest

Surely

Hey, no worries.

Happy to help. :)

Isn't it amazing that this case isn't more popular?

12. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I'm definitely shocked that the Innocase isn't more popular. They should really try to get them into the Apple stores because I think they would do very well there. People seem to buy iskin, switcheasy or speck for the most part but I've had a tough time finding anything better than the Innocase. I actually bought an iskin solo fx se to try it because everyone seemed to love it so much but I sent it right back (it bubbled my screen protector and the buttons were way too hard to press). Some of the switcheasy cases look nice but they all seem to have something about them that I don't like. The Innocase seems to be the perfect combination of thinness with some degree of protection.

13. UnLiMiTeD558 macrumors regular

14. alamperti macrumors member

alamperti

Many thanks I've bought the SGP Silke after reading your review. It's on the way and I'm looking forward to get it within a few days :)

15. Surely Guest

Surely

16. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

++ on both the Incipio NGP and iSkin Solo FX. I own multiple of each and love them.

17. Kenzembo1 macrumors 6502

How does the Innocase compare to the Incipio feather?

I have the Incipio feather and love the slim design. My question is, how does the Seidio Innocase compare to the Incipio feather as far as overall "thickness" goes? The Innocase looks like a nice case, but if it's anywhere near the bulk of the Incase slider then I'll stick to my feather.

18. psywzrd macrumors 68030

The Innocase is definitely slimmer than the Slider. I used an Innocase for a long time and decided to try a Slider - I couldn't believe how much bulkier the Slider was. When I returned the Slider and went back to my Innocase it almost felt like I was using the phone with no case - it's really that significant. I have a Feather as well and while the Innocase is obviously bulkier, it is not bulky by any means. To me it's the perfect combination of protection and slimness. It protects your phone much better than the Feather and it leaves the Apple logo exposed (but still protected) for use as a mirror. If you decide to order an Innocase, make sure you order from someone who allows returns - that way you have nothing to lose except maybe a few bucks on shipping. I don't think you'll be disappointed though - everyone seems to be pleasantly surprised with the Innocase once they try it.