Looking for a standalone Mac OS Leopard compatible flatbed scanner

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by brendalana, Jan 9, 2009.

1. brendalana macrumors newbie

brendalana

Looking for a standalone Mac OS Leopard compatible flatbed scanner that will scan documents or multiple pictures simultaneously and the software will create separate image files automatically—Thank you...

2. skybolt macrumors 6502a

I've had good luck with Canon scanners. They make quite a good copy, and they have a "multi-scan" feature that will do what you want with your pictures. Mine is an LiDE 60, but they have probably upgraded by now. Just look for "multi-scan" in the documentation. Canon seems to keep up with Apple on upgrading their drivers, etc., so make sure you get the latest from their website. I have recently completed scanning over 90 years of photos -- about 25 gigs of old photos into my computer and it did a great job! One tip, though. If you are scanning black and white photos, leave your settings as though they were color photos. Some people have had problems with B&W (not specific to Canon scanners, just in general), and I did not have any such problems when I left the settings for color.

Good luck!

3. brendalana thread starter macrumors newbie

brendalana

Thank you, Mary...

Your response and advice very much appreciated...

Ciao...

Brenda...