Looking for a sticker to make the white glowing Apple black...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thiagos, Jan 9, 2010.

1. thiagos macrumors 6502

thiagos

Hey guys,

I was wondering if there is such a thing as a sticker to make the white glowing Apple, black.
    I want the Apple to match my iMac's. I don't want it to be completely black without the glowing light though.

If it does exist, where can I buy it?

2. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

There's an extra large white one that comes with every apple product, I hear a permanent marker would work great.

Jokes aside, idk......google? eBay? I remember once I bought a band logo (The Offspring) sticker off of a website called stickerchick.com I'm sure an apple modification website will have something.

If not, refer back to the permanent marker and mark up the existing cover, if light still shines through, do it twice.

Edit: if nothing works get a regular piece of paper and trace the logo, it shouldn't be hard since it is not an even surface to the actual body. Then get a plain black sticker, attach the sticker and the paper somehow and cut around it. Take your time for precision cutting

3. coast1ja macrumors 6502

I like the tracing idea, but you would need transparent black film to still see the light.

ETSY.com is a website where people make things and sell them... there are a lot of macbook stickers on there. I would ask if one of the vendors could make one for you. I bet it would only cost about $20 or so.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Usually, when people do this mod, they use a gel or film on the inside, underneath the plastic, rather than a sticker on the outside, but that does sound more complicated on the new MBP's than it did in the old days.

5. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

There's a Canadian firm called iColour.ca or ColorShade.ca or shades.ca that manufacturered these.