Looking for a stylish sleeve for new 17" MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ApplePu, May 3, 2010.

1. ApplePu macrumors regular

Hey

I'm looking for a sleeve for my new 17" MBP!

I'm thinking about something without zipper and a nice tight fit. And of course it should be gorgeous to look at :rolleyes:

Any recommandations? Thanks!

2. vong macrumors 6502a

vong

http://foofbag.com/

mine shipped from AUS to USA on april 22nd. still not here yet, but should be here soon. will post pictures when its here :p

3. Sequin macrumors regular

Etsy.com usually has a bunch of cute things to choose from by various people :eek:

4. vong macrumors 6502a

vong

mine just came in the mail today as promised, here are some pictures:

the sleeve itself:
    [​IMG]

the inside of the sleeve(feels like those nice winter jackets that has sheep fur on the inside or something):
    [​IMG]

MBP 13" on it:
    [​IMG]

an aerial view of how it looks like:
    [​IMG]

and how much room it has:
    [​IMG]

hope this helps!

p/s sorry for the blurry pictures.

5. jkester macrumors member

6. ApplePu thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for your posts!

i've already seen the foofbags....i really like the idea but they seem to be a bit on the bulky side for a 17".....the look pretty thick padded so the big mac will be quite a fat package to hold.......would you agree?

i really like the style of those hard graft bags, but pricewise they are a bit on the high side.........

i'm getting the impression that it is rather difficult to find something really really nice for the 17-incher, it's easier for the smaller models somehow....

7. Fry-man22 macrumors 6502

Fry-man22

http://www.sfbags.com/products/sleevecases/sleevecases.htm

I've used these for years and I love them. Most of the time I just have the sleeve case in my backpack, but if I need to go to another building for meeting I just pull it out and it's another case since I got the flap and the D-rings/Strap. A+ fit/finish/materials.

8. Passenger88 macrumors member

Passenger88

Check out the contour sleeves on youtube/google. I have mine a couple days and I like it. It's quite snuf to.

9. ApplePu thread starter macrumors regular

yeah i've seen the contours already.....they would be my favourites, but as far as i can see they are not available for my big boy......

10. spitfire85 macrumors newbie

I've also been looking into cases for my future 17" MPB (still saving up)...

My favouite so far ist the Moshi Codex 17 in silver (also available in black).
    It's a little pricy, but looks really sturdy and I love the simple design.

Second place (and much cheper) goes to the "Stealth Laptop Sleeve (Postal Envelope Bag).

Another fun option are these Anti-Theft Macbook Sleeves. However, they don't seem to have any flap for closing. A deal-breaker for me...

Further 17" bags/sleeves I'm considering:
    BOOQ Vyper XL2
    be-ez
    Mareware Sportfolio
    Timbuk2 Bags