Looking for a TO DO app that will... (help please)

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by samcraig, Aug 14, 2010.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

Wife and I would like to have a todo app where we can make a list and keep in sync between out iPhones.

IE

Errand list - where either one of us can add/mark done and it's updated in "real time" on both phones...

I know there's a free app (family to do or something like that) but then you pay 9.99 per user. Not opposed to that - but thought that there might be an app without the "subscription" model.

Thanks

2. Gokunama macrumors 6502a

Gokunama

A few apps auto update when you open the app.. I don't know if any auto update on a set schedule.. and none of them will auto update in the background as far as I understand (the basic app info will stay open in the background for quick app opening).

I use [app]Pocket Informant[/app], which syncs to Toodledo, but there are a few apps that'll sync to Toodledo (<--link to website), like [app]2Do[/app], [app]Todo[/app], and [app]Toodledo[/app](<-- link to app)

Toodledo has a free basic service, and a paid pro service. The basic has always worked for me, but I then I don't have a lot of tasks.

A couple of other non Toodledo options are [app]Zenbe[/app] and [app]Outliner[/app].

3. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

sorry confused. Based on my usage - I really just want to share a to do list with my wife. As I said - If she adds something it will appear on my to do list as well and if I add something it will show up on heres. And if either of us check it off /delete an item, it will be removed from each of our lists.

As long as the app updates when opened - I think that will be fine...

Anyone recommend an app for this?

4. Gokunama macrumors 6502a

Gokunama

If it's just one list (no due dates or sublists), [app]Outliner[/app] will do that without the auto update on opening (it's fast though, and you just need to tap the sync button on the opening screen).

The other option again is [app]Zenbe[/app], although I don't know if it auto updates on opening or if it's fast, since they've updated a few times since I last used the app.

5. apbwolf macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

I use Appigo's Todo and sync with a Toodledo account. Sync time is only a few seconds and updates immediately. Appigo also has a conduit to sync with outlook.

6. detoxguy macrumors member

do a search for honeydo it's a todo app for couples. You can assign tasks to both or either one of you. It will push notifications if you add one for your wife and vice versa. Happens in real time. My wife and I both use it and works pretty good.

7. ekoloss macrumors newbie

You should try TaskPaper. It has option to sync by SimpleText.ws - service to keep your lists synced.

8. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

Try Remember The Milk, it does exactly what you're asking for.

9. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

thanks - was just about to purchase honeydo (looks great) and then realized I had evernote (free) and it (I think) will do what we need. Nothing fancy - but very easy to have us both logged in and share notes with full editing. Will see how that works "in the wild" for a week or so and if not, I'll probably get us honeydo.

10. imotta macrumors newbie

11. wraithlabs macrumors newbie

Also, give Cozi a try. It has to-do lists, shopping lists, and notes. Also syncs between phones and has web interface. Wife loves it too.

12. imacdaddy macrumors 6502a

+ 1 toodledo. It's free today!

Just need 1 account for you and your wife to use your iphones. Sync to the server. After using for a while, you may consider the $15/yr subscription. toodledo

13. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

downloaded and will check it out

Looks good - I wish subtask were included in the free (today) version - but I guess you can't have everything..

14. Sam77 macrumors newbie

I used Things for a while, then changed to 2Do,
    wierd thing about 2Do is, the more fully u use it, the more wierd, confusing it appears.. or maybe thats just me. v2 is better though

15. awtryau89 macrumors regular

I currently use 2Do as well but I will be making a full switch to Pocket Informant when the 1.6 update comes. I am hopeful it will replace the native calendar and work seamlessly with Exchange. My plan is to have my wifes calendar from Google synced as well so we can be "in sync" with each other schedules. This would be the closest to a ToDo list sync that I can think of for the iPhone.

16. twinsdad macrumors member

Honey Do! allows you to sync tasks between phones and chat in real time. It is an excellent way to collaborate on tasks.