Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gigman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
Hi everyone. I am looking around at bags for my (future) MacBook Pro. I'm looking for at messenger type bag that has room for maybe a few very small things, a pair of SR-80's (Medium-largeish headphones) and my Macbook. All that I have been able to find so far in this style are very large bags for lots of books or papers. I was wondering if anyone has or knows of a small to medium sized bag.
Thanks for all your help
-Ian

nateDEEZY

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Here you go :)

Sleeve_Strap-g.jpg

http://www.chromebags.com/products/bags/show/52/

Although it doesn't have room for anything else, it's a VERY slim bag. ;P

Gigman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
Thank you all for your quick replies! I'm likening the Incase and the STM bags. Anyone else know of other similar products? Also just a quick question about the MBP, how much ram is it capable of taking and how does it come in 2 gig "stock" from apple (2Gig x1 or 1Gig x2)?
Thanks
-Ian

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Thank you all for your quick replies! I'm likening the Incase and the STM bags. Anyone else know of other similar products? Also just a quick question about the MBP, how much ram is it capable of taking and how does it come in 2 gig "stock" from apple (2Gig x1 or 1Gig x2)?
Thanks
-Ian

I use a Tumi messenger bag, but it's not exactly slim, but it allows me to carry my essential stuff.
http://www.tumi.com/business_laptop...senger/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=59023

If you don't want scratches, just get an InvisibleShield: http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/apple-macbook-13-inch-cases-covers-skins-shields.php

As with the RAM, if you have a Santa Rosa platform MBP, then it supports up to 4GB. The stock is 2x1GB configuration in dual channel mode. Honestly, if you don't need the extra RAM.

JacobC

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2008

tturland

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2007
Go get it! It's very worthwhile.....had a Powerbook 12" before and similar one protected it from scratches within whichever bag i put it in. :D

T

Brend

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2008
Netherlands, Arnhem
High quality BTO bag

Hi, I recommend the sfbags http://www.sfbags.com product line, especially the sleeve case, which is customizable and built to order! I have one myself and it is everything it is stated to be on the site. Take into account that a horizontal sleeve causes less wear on the integrity of the lid and main body configuration than a vertical one. Oh, please note that on the side that touches your body it has a "sleeve" for documents or several magazines. Best of all, you get in touch with the maker of the product, who keeps you informed on the order status and answers all of your questions promptly.

Attachments

• sfbags.jpg
    sfbags.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 60
  • sfbags2.jpg
    sfbags2.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 75

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008

Brend

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2008
Netherlands, Arnhem
Zippered bags are scratchy..

To all those suggestions on zippered bags I will state the obvious, there is always a chance that you will scrape by the zipper if you are not paying proper attention. Once will do. Therefore I always opt for velcro.

jnc

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2007
Nunya, Business TX
To all those suggestions on zippered bags I will state the obvious, there is always a chance that you will scrape by the zipper if you are not paying proper attention. Once will do. Therefore I always opt for velcro.

Agreed, the tucano cobra I linked to uses velcro, then a pullstring, then more velcro - keeps it very secure without zips.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008

not true... the zipper never comes close to the MBP in a well-designed sleeve, like the Vyper M2

bsolomonny

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2007
Taiwan
I am also looking to get a bag sleeve combo for new mbp coming on friday... i hope... What are the pros and cons for the anti-shock sleeves? When i was a PC user everyone raved about them.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I am also looking to get a bag sleeve combo for new mbp coming on friday... i hope... What are the pros and cons for the anti-shock sleeves? When i was a PC user everyone raved about them.

They don't work as much as you hope; they can only withstand a scratch or bump, not a drop (not like the T6x :p)

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
So basically there is no difference between the neoprene sleeves and the anti-shock sleeves? That's disappointing.

The anti-shock sleeves are either foam padded or they are built into bags with elastic, which doesn't work either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.