Looking for a waterproof case for 6s+

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by hubieonekanubie, Oct 19, 2015.

1. hubieonekanubie macrumors member

hubieonekanubie

Has anyone tried any waterproof cases that work with the Plus? I have previously had life proof and they were always good for me. I can't find anything at the moment and looking for some advice. I'm currently sing a Spigen Neo Hybrid and while OK, I'd like a little more protection if I'm caught out in the elements.

2. MichaelMidnight macrumors regular

MichaelMidnight

3. UltraZ33 macrumors 6502

UltraZ33

If you want a slim waterproof case, you can get the Seidio obex case. The sound output doesn't get muffled, and you have 2 options to get. 1. Case only or 2. Case and holster combo. I'd suggest get it from Amazon. And also there is little to no gap between the screen and the iPhone's glass

4. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68020

Ulenspiegel

+1. It is a very good waterproof case.

5. UltraZ33 macrumors 6502

UltraZ33

I returned mine because of the space in the screen protector and the sound was very "tinny" when the volume was up. If they fix that, I would buy again though

6. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68020

Ulenspiegel

The space in the screen protector is a known "issue", though it can be solved, just not enough information is provided to the users. The "tinny" sound though is a real problem.

7. UltraZ33 macrumors 6502

UltraZ33

Yeah I've tried squeezing out the air out of mine when I had one and it did work till you got near the home button and then using the space bar became a pain.

Someone here suggested the Seidio obex case and I haven't had any regrets on the purchase at all.

8. hubieonekanubie, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015

hubieonekanubie thread starter macrumors member

hubieonekanubie

Went and picked up a Thule X5 at BB. Put it on and immediately took it off. Speaker was horrible. I did not have any issues with the screen bubbling at the bottom. I will wait for the life proof. I did also pick up a Zagg Pocket Keyboard and I like it a lot. Using it to reply to emails and text mags while watching ALCS. Go Royals!!! (Not looking good right now)

9. hubieonekanubie thread starter macrumors member

hubieonekanubie

It seems that these are all Lifeproof knock offs. I was looking and found several that look similar with different brand names. I've always went with brand name cases and have never realized how many case makers there are out there. What worries me is the old adage "you get what you pay for".