Looking for a white replacement OEM iPhone 4 LCD

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Heirborn391, May 31, 2011.

1. Heirborn391 macrumors newbie

I've searched on eBay, but can't seem to find an actual OEM screen (even though many claim to be). Does anyone know where I can't find a legitimate iPhone 4 lcd/digitizer in white?

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Are you looking for this OEM White iPhone 4 LCD

I bought the OEM White iPhone 4 back from this guy and it looks awsome on my Oreo looking iPhone.

3. Heirborn391 thread starter macrumors newbie

@PsstGreek
    That is a perfect example of what I'm talking about with OEM claims. There's a close up image there of the proximity sensor. You can see that there are many tiny holes for it. That isn't how it is on the actual white iPhone 4. It's a solid oval. That isn't actually OEM. I bought one of those with the tiny holes for my girlfriend and installed it and the proximity sensor doesn't work at all.

4. leanne.. macrumors member

5. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

I think you can do the sharpie trick for somewhat of an improvement! It's what I will do if I get the old-style conversions. A lot of the new conversion kits sport the new style sensor.

Update us with how it ended up working, I will probably end up buying one if it's good.

6. leanne.. macrumors member

So mine came by courier yesterday, installed it and all is great! The prox sensor works just like the stock one!!