Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

srobert

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 7, 2002
Hello.

I'm looking for a dashboard widget that would allow me to store various bits of text, pictures and tables. All the snippets need to be visible at the same time for quick reference.

I need this functionality to replace the old school array of post-it notes that frames my display.

Stickies is a good start but it can't handle tables very well and pictures not at all.

I've tried looking at the download section of Apple's website but it's very tedious to sort through.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Edit:
Some examples of info I'd like to store in the widget: Keybord shortcuts, conversion tables, frequently used typographic values, checklists, phone numbers, etc…

Last edited:

srobert

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 7, 2002
Store them in text files on the desktop and use Quick Look. Or keep them open in the background.

Thanks. Decent workaround.

I'd still prefer a widget for the "touch of a button" (F4) simplicity. Also, my desktop is not very tidy. It serves as my dumping ground for files I don't have time to sort right away. I know… bad habit.

mjsmke

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2010
UK
How about keep them open filling the screen then use spaces to switch between them and your other apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.