Looking for a wireless physical keyboard for iPad 4

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by the8thark, Dec 9, 2015.

1. the8thark, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2015

the8thark macrumors 68040

the8thark

I own an iPad 4. And soon I might be needing it to take some notes in meetings. But for this I will need an external keyboard. That would make things so much easier. My question is, what's the best physical keyboard I can use with this?

I was thinking about the new Apple wireless magic keyboard:
    http://www.apple.com/au/shop/product/MLA22ZA/A/magic-keyboard-us-english
    But I see it says it need OSX. So would anyone know of any alternatives? Preferably Apple ones, but if not that's ok. I would prefer a USB or thuderbolt charge, over AA batteries is possible but I do have some rechargable eneloops to that's to a deal breaker.

I just need a physical keyboard for the iPad 4. If anyone could point me in the direction of a good one I'd be more than happy.

Lastly I would like to use the iPad plus physical keyboard in portrait and landscape mode depending on the situation. But if I can't because of how the particular keyboard works, I guess I will ahve to deal with it.

Thanks in advance.

2. MrPunk2u macrumors member

MrPunk2u

3. chrfr macrumors 603

4. learn2 macrumors newbie

Lots of Bluetooth keyboards will work. Both Logitech and Apple are great brands. I have a Microsoft keyboard which is a solid performer, too.

I prefer portrait for typing myself. Most keyboard cases assume you want landscape, so plan on getting a separate keyboard and stand. For use in portrait, you want one that has a higher back, not a short little ring stand. You will reach for the touch screen at times, and you don't want your device to fall over.

5. the8thark thread starter macrumors 68040

the8thark

Thanks for sharing that link. It's very nice to know. I am very tempted to pick up one.

Thank you. My iPad 4 is on iOS 9.1 now anyway so that's not an issue.

I have heard about them yes. I'll go instore though and try one in person. I like to get a keyboard that feels right for me. And $30-ish is not a bad price at all. Thanks.

That is very good advice. Most pages documents are in portrait as that's how we read papers in portrait. Yes we don't want the iPad to fall over when we use the screen.

I will let you all know what I chose when I get it soon. Thanks.