Looking for a Xserve friendly desk

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Yoursh, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Yoursh macrumors 6502

Here's my problem. I picked up an old G4 Xserve(see sig.) off of ebay a few months ago to use as a home server. My original plan was to set it up in my next house in an out of the way location and control it remotely. Unfortunately with the current housing market in my area, I'm most likely going to be stuck with my current house for at least another year. I am in the process of setting up the Xserve but it looks like the only place I have room for it is near where my desk should be at. I'm also looking for a new desk(last one met a circular saw during some remodeling) and I'm wondering if anyone knows of one that could fit or at the least 'cohabitate' with an Xserve. I also will have a desktop sharing the space, so I need something that can handle a lcd+desktop+headless Xserve. I'm not looking for a permanent solution, just something to last me the next year or so. Oh, my workable area is also fairly small. So I wouldn't be able to fit something too big.

So if anyone has any desk models in mind or even some type of 'creative' solution, I'm all ears. Thanks

2. Yoursh thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, that's what I'm looking for. A little on the expensive side, but it looks like it's worth it for ability to customize. I'll have to dig through the site some more to see what type of setup would best fit me. Most likely, I'll request a catalog. This is the best lead I've received so far, thanks.