Looking for advice. Here's the conundrum...

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by OptimusGeorge, Jul 5, 2012.

1. OptimusGeorge macrumors newbie

I'm looking to buy in about a week and I'm trying to find definitive advice for a choice between these two:

An 11" MBA
    • 2.0GHz
    • 8GB SDRAM
    • 128GB Storage

AND

A 13" MBA
    • 1.8GHz
    • 8GB SDRAM
    • 128GB Storage

I plan on using it as a portable and connected to a 40" LCD TV. I already have an external DVD burner and an external 2TB storage.

The price difference is a mere $35, so it's not an issue.

THOUGHTS?

2. Stetrain macrumors 68040

It's really just personal preference. Do you prefer the compact size of the 11" or the bigger higher resolution screen of the 13"?

Another thing to keep in mind is battery life. The 13" has 7 hours of stated battery life, while the 11" only has 5 hours.

3. noteple macrumors 65816

noteple

13". SD card slot, closer to a full day of battery life. Screen that won't make you or others that look over your shoulder squint.
    And there is more resolution 1440x900 in that larger screen.

4. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68000

PBG4 Dude

I'm loving my new 11" MBA. Can't believe it makes my 2010 13" MBA look huge!

5. OptimusGeorge thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess the main thing is screen real estate. I don't think that the .2 difference in speed is a big factor. Although the turbo boost might prove me wrong. I think I'm going to have to get my hands on one and see what I think. I'm really excited about getting my grubby paws on one... :D