Looking for Advice

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by bowlerman625, Jun 22, 2009.

1. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Our small bank would like to have an app for the iPhone. We would want an app that is more informational than transactional (such as locating our branches and ATMs). We do not have any developers on staff. Is anybody aware of a vendor or third-party source that could create an app for us? Any thoughts on what something like this could cost us?

I appreciate any comments....thanks

2. adbe macrumors 6502a

Don't you have a website that offers exactly that information? As long as your site doesn't break in mobile safari (or try to be clever and force the user into a mobile optimized page) you've already got your solution.

3. bowlerman625 thread starter macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Very good point made

Yes, you are right. Customers could bring up our web site on their iPhone and obtain the information they need. I guess our marketing director and myself (who both have iPhones) feel that an app is an easier way to get to the answer you need.

For example, I could log-in to Twitter's site from my iPhone to see things but prefer using the Twitter app Tweetie is see tweets this way instead. It's just simpler this way.

I appreciate your comments......

4. adbe macrumors 6502a

Don't forget web apps. Users can create what is essentially a book mark to a custom iPhone page on your site, that shows on their phone as being an app.

Your web guy could probably do this in a hour or so.

5. MMluvsWDW macrumors newbie

I would ask around to web developers in your area. They might have some friends that have decided to learn apples programing or might be able to do it themselves.