Looking for Ambient Musicians - Your Thoughts Please

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by W1MRK, Apr 10, 2011.

1. W1MRK macrumors 6502

Hi all.

I am looking to get started in Ambient Music creation while mobile and love what I have seen possible on the iPad so far.

My question is besides Garage Band and maybe a Korg, do you guys have any suggestions for programs for the iPad?

Thanks Mike Kulis

2. pj13 macrumors member

ambient apps suggestion

i have been going through a bunch of music creation apps and i would suggest looking at these for ambient music creation

i am really fond of SoundGrid, SoundGrid is very much like the Tenori-On instrument.

gruvtron is pretty cool and similar in layout to the Tenori-on as well, yet feels different enough to me to use it and SoundGrid.

Moog Filtatron is also good on it's own and to process external sound.

Bloom, Troupe, Air -- Brian Eno help develop Bloom and Troupe. (these work on iPhone and iPod Touch too.) as does NanoStudio.

if you find any better ones let me know too. :)

3. W1MRK thread starter macrumors 6502

I am going to have to look into those. Thanks

4. pj13 macrumors member

5. genshi macrumors 6502a

genshi

Or you can get the official Tenori-On app for the iPad. ;)

I think it came out after this thread was originally posted, but I recently got it and it is incredibly fun and intuitive; just like the hardware Tenori-On (except you can't upload your own samples yet; hopefully in an update?)

6. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Only One Rules

The roost. I'm a pro musician, and amplitube (12.99) from the a[[ store is FAR and away the best recording app available for iPad at the moment.

I don't know what you play, but it has the best guitar sound modelling I have ever heard. :)