Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

L4Leonard

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 15, 2011
So basically i need this weekend to pass as quickly as possible, and am therefore looking for any good games that i can kill some hours with. They dont need to be free. Got any tips/ideas? Role Playing games are preferred.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
So basically i need this weekend to pass as quickly as possible, and am therefore looking for any good games that i can kill some hours with. They dont need to be free. Got any tips/ideas? Role Playing games are preferred.

If you want some quality long-lasting titles, I can only recommend Spectromancer and XCOM: Enemy unknown. The latter requires at least an iPad4 (or even better) for proper framerates.

Euroamerican

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2010
Boise
Spaceward Ho will destroy hours and hours of your time. :eek:

The latest iPad version is very pretty and it plays just as fun as it did twenty years ago when I first bought it for Windows 3.1

mrdm

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2010
If you are in to Sci-Fi strategy games Xcom and FTL are great choices. FTL in particular, released just today and is very addicting (in a good way :).

Both games will provide you with hours and hours of gameplay.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
If you are in to Sci-Fi strategy games Xcom and FTL are great choices. FTL in particular, released just today and is very addicting (in a good way :).

Both games will provide you with hours and hours of gameplay.

Agreed. The replayability pf Xcom is pretty great, too. Now that I've beaten it in Easy, I restarted the entire mission just to (vastly) improve my previous result, which wasn't very good (1790 pts, 377 days). After all, it was 19 years ago that I played the original XCOM on the desktop and have forgotten the strategy needed in the meantime (had to re-learn the strategy to be used, incl. the most optimal unit selection, gray market trading to greatly fasten up tech tree climbing etc).

And it's an excellent game for casual, 2-3-minute-long game sessions too. Only the initial loading times (30+s on an rMini) are a bit annoying.

Attachments

• IMG_0114.jpg
    IMG_0114.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 98

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
The iPad version of, Fieldrunners still holds my attention.
(The first version, not so much the convoluted second edition...)

powerstrokin

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
Go hiking. Go biking. Go for an all day drive. Explore. Discover something. Talk to someone new. Get out of your house, man. Live a little!

tsingyi

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2014
Try Cytus!

It is easy to start and you will be addicted to it!

Deemo is another game from the same developers.

It is more difficult to play in the beginning……

but when you get the feeling how to play it

you will love the game and the story!

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
L4Leonard probably doesn't need the recommendations, but oh well...

I agree Cytus is excellent (great soundtrack!). This weekend though, I've been playing Dark Nebula HD - Episode Two which I got a few months back. Really fun and challenging, especially when you get to the levels with the moving platforms you have to balance your ball on.

Chriss89

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2014
Try This Physics-based Game

I love The Foundry with 100 Balls, it's simple and fun. You can try it

SteveLobs

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2014
The Simpsons Tapped Out

I even play Kardashian Hollywood when really bored and I don't even like playing games on a device. It's something to do when not using my device to read. Also very easy to advance in the game.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.