Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaymc

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 10, 2012
Port Orchard, WA
Got this at amazon.com. Not stamped silicone, no 1-2 month wait from China, same sizing like Apple, easily returned if the wrong size, feels great and on sale now!

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
What I've found with several of these 3rd party straps is the attachment point is not as tight as the Apple band which causes a slight rattle when the vibration motor is activated for notifications... At a quarter of the price I guess you have to make compromises...
23E1F1E8-031C-4245-9951-D6E0D666205C.jpeg

Last edited:

jaymc

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 10, 2012
Port Orchard, WA
What I've found with several of these 3rd party straps is the attachment point is not as tight as the Apple band which causes a slight rattle when the vibration motor is activated for notifications... At a quarter of the price I guess you have to make compromises...
I don't detect any rattle at all.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
I don't detect any rattle at all.
Give it awhile... Grab the watch and slide the band side to side, if it moves at all it will eventually start to rattle. Mine took a few weeks. Then again, you might get lucky. I've been through three of them and then just decided to live with it

Mr.Blacky

Cancelled
Jul 31, 2016
I'm confused. Are you talking about the solo loop or the braided loop? The braided loop isn't made from silicone, isn't it?

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
I'm confused. Are you talking about the solo loop or the braided loop? The braided loop isn't made from silicone, isn't it?
This is straight from Apples website:
Stretchable recycled yarn interwoven with silicone threads designed for ultracomfort with no buckles or clasps

The ones that me and the OP have is not the same construction..

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Looks cheap imo
Yes, I'm in the process of trying to return the strap as I'm not happy with the tolerances or the quality. I know the Apple version is expensive for what you get but I can attest to the quality as I tried it on when I purchased my watch and actually am dumb to not have purchased it at that time because I built my own watch and the braided solo loupe was only $50 more than the solo loupe I ended up getting..

jaymc

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 10, 2012
Port Orchard, WA
This is straight from Apples website:
Stretchable recycled yarn interwoven with silicone threads designed for ultracomfort with no buckles or clasps

The ones that me and the OP have is not the same construction..
Speak for yourself. The one I got from Amazon feels identical to Apples - not cheap silicone.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Speak for yourself. The one I got from Amazon feels identical to Apples - not cheap silicone.
Ok, I’m glad you’re satisfied with it... I ordered the exact one you have listed and I wasn’t. i returned it and tried a different supplier.

Last edited:

tamara6

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2004
A problem many people have had when trying to buy a third party braided loop is that the product they received was actually a silicon loop that had been stamped to look as though it was braided. I think that's what the original post was referring to.

jaymc

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 10, 2012
Port Orchard, WA
A problem many people have had when trying to buy a third party braided loop is that the product they received was actually a silicon loop that had been stamped to look as though it was braided. I think that's what the original post was referring to.
Yes, it was.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.