Looking for an answer to my buying problem...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by michaelaus, Sep 26, 2008.

  1. michaelaus macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2008
    #1
    Here's the situation.

    I'm a final year student in my last term of school. I'm going to university next year and it is an hour away, which I will be taking the train to - hence needing a laptop with a large battery life. My friends have Macbooks and Macbook Pros and I really do genuinely like them, I have read a lot of stories (some good, some bad) about them and I have decided that my next laptop will be a Macbook.

    Before going out to make the purchase about a month and a half ago I came online to have a look if a newer model was coming out. This was because 2 of my friends' Macbooks have cracked and sometimes get heinous stains on the white. I thought these problems might be fixed in an update; sure enough there was the new aluminum Macbook to be released so I decided to wait.

    However, it is getting to the point where I CANNOT WAIT. My current laptop is a HP Pavilion dv1000 - it is an absolute piece of crap that has served me well over the past two and a half years but is in desperate need of replacement. The 'n' button has been broken for about a year, in order to get it fixed I would have to get an entire keyboard replacement because the bracket is broken so I currently have to press a nipple. The speakers on the front are rusting. It is the SLOWEST computer you will ever find; it sometimes corrupts word documents and this is no good in a senior year. In fact, last term it somehow uninstalled Microsoft Word and then when I tried to reinstall it told me my product code was false and it was missing files. I find myself having to manually reboot (ie. holding down the on button) about 3-6 times per day because it locks up. The disc drive doesn't close properly. I can try and tell you all that is crap about this computer but the list goes on.

    What should I do? Should I wait for the new model - should I buy the current model and risk it being replaced in 2 weeks time - should I buy the current model and sell it in a couple of weeks, and hopefully lose only around $300? The point is, I don't know how to deal with this computer any longer. and I have 2 massive history assignments to do.

    Advice please.
     
  2. Dybbuk macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2006
  3. michaelaus thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2008
    #3
    Two weeks of hell.

    And nobody is sure that they will come out in 2 weeks anyway.
     
  4. Dybbuk macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2006
    #4
    Just wait the two weeks. A Mac isn't deliverance; it's a computer.
     

Share This Page