Looking for an app for the iPad that does...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kdesign7, Jun 27, 2010.

1. kdesign7 macrumors 6502a

Im looking for an app that will allow me to view all the directories and files on my ipad... Also that will allow me to rename, copy, move files from one directory to another.

Ive used goodreader, but its not quiet what im looking for.

Thanks guys! ( and gals :) )

2. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

3. Zazoh macrumors 6502a

Zazoh

That is the old inefficient way of working with data. Embrace the cloud. :)

4. kdesign7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I know that, but i also have a 64 gb ipad and i wanna be able to move files around and such...

5. jtara macrumors 65816

What you are asking for is impossible without a jailbreak. An app cannot access the files belonging to another app.

Even with a jailbreak, it is dubious. Not sure what you are going to do with the files kept by most apps, which would be in a format proprietary to that app.

That said, there are plenty of "file manager" apps. But they work in their own sandbox, and you are limited that whatever viewers/editors they provide. Most of these are integrated with multi-protocol file transfer capabilities. (FTP, web, sFTP, cloud providers, etc.)

6. kdesign7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Basically, i downloaded a torrent app that lets me download video clips and they are in a folder. I then have yxplayer, but it only allows me to go to its own root directory. Soo... I wanna be able to move tshe files from the torrent download folder to the yxplayer folder.. I mean, i know i xan move the files and such on the computer with cyberduck... But i was curious if i can do all of that on ghe ipad itself.

Btw, i appreciate ur replies ppl

7. koehler macrumors newbie

Just convert the files for iTunes use if they aren't already in a compatible format.