Looking for an app to toggle "Invisibility" on certain files/folders (without moving)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by lip5016, Oct 7, 2014.

1. lip5016, Oct 7, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2014

lip5016 macrumors regular

Hello! I'm looking for an app (OSX Mavericks 10.9.5) that can allow me to easily right-click on any file or folder and make it invisible or hidden

I have my MacBook Pro setup in a way that just makes things easier for me with music production.. I would like to be able to "Hide" a bunch of folders/files that have to do with my music directories..

The reason for this is that some of these files/folders may only be used once a year (if that).. but they're critical enough to what I do that I need to be sure that they're always on-hand and available when I need them.. I'm pretty good with computers and already have an Alfred 2 workflow set up to toggle "Show/Hide Hidden Files/Folders", so I'm not the type to "Hide" something and then freak out when I can't find it, without at least knowing to check "Show Hidden Files/Folders" first lol..

I *DO NOT* want an app that will be physically moving the files or folders anywhere else but their current locations!

I need recommendations for an app that can meet the following criteria (for those too lazy to read so far):
    -Quick and Simple
    -Does not require me to drag my selection to the dock or have any extra windows open
    -Does not move files or folders from current location
    -Does not cause interference with program/system files
    -Can be accessed via right-clicking on what it is you want hidden/invisible

Any suggestions? :)

2. Intelligent, Oct 8, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2014

Intelligent macrumors 6502a

Intelligent

You could do this yourself with applescript. Im not sure how to get current folder, i will look for that.

If you are comfortable with terminal you could set a hidden flag, but this defeats the purpose of right clicking. But if you only need to do it less than every year.

3. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer