looking for an app to trick working time

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by al404, Jan 7, 2016.

1. al404 macrumors 6502

al404

I'm looking at some app that let my manually insert the time i spend during the working day
    I often switch between projects, writing email, conference call so an automatic time tracker in not what i need.

I also need to get a mounty report to see where / how i spent my time, i also can add a price per hour it would be great

2. superscape macrumors 6502a

superscape

There are plenty of time tracking apps out there. However, from what you describe, wouldn't a fairly simple spreadsheet do the job?

3. jaduff46 macrumors regular

jaduff46

Another vote for simple spreadsheet or the IOS equivalent.

I've used this approach on several occasions for tracking and billing purposes on multiple simultaneous projects.

Also easy to see where you're spending your time and whether you're fully using your availability.

Had a friend who was a partner in a management consulting firm pre-personal computers who had the same approach on paper and insisted that his subordinates follow it. Made client billing a lot easier.

4. al404 thread starter macrumors 6502

al404

spreadsheet can work but in my case is much longer to track, the closes app i found is Minco beta 2 but not sure if is still under development

5. Evren Carven macrumors regular

Evren Carven

Excel for Mac, you can create a sheet by 'New from Template...' or you can customize a template for yourself. It can calculate time and price automatically by function or formula.