Looking for an app to....

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by emir, May 19, 2010.

1. emir macrumors 6502a

emir

i am new to Mac. I love it. Only problem is i can't find an app to make thing i made the most back in Windows. Mac is better in every way than windows other than this. I searched a lot for an app to make that but couldn't find one. Here is the thing;

I have .avi videos and also .srt or .sub subtitle files. I want to make a DVD with a menu and selectable audio and subtitles. You know the settings menu in regular DVD movies. Where you can select language,audio or subtitle. Back in Windows VSO Convertx to DVD made this perfectly. With just one click it would convert and burn.

I've tried some apps like toast and some other stuff i deleted. I still have toast because it is great with all other stuff, functionality is quite good compared to the other ones. But the subtitles are a MUST for me. Because all of the videos are in other languages.

thanks for your responses.

2. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

iDVD? Not sure whether it does this but it may do.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

If you're fine with just subtitles (no menus etc), just rename the subtitle file to be exactly the same as the movie e.g. titanic.avi and titanic.sub, and put them in same folder and it'll play them automatically

4. emir thread starter macrumors 6502a

emir

my worry is not playing in the computer. I want to burn it that way. I'm fine with subtitles being non-selectable. But if i burn my .avi file to DVD with toast will it burn the subtitle file with the same name to the dvd?

5. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Apparently, YES