Looking for an app...

quigleybc

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Hi there,

I'm wondering if someone can point me in the right direction for an app, freeware or commercial, that can list ALL the files on my hardrive in decending order from the greatest to smallest size.

I sometimes find that my hd space has decreased and I have to manually figure out what was added that decreased the space.

Also, if the app could tell me what was added by date that would be perfect too.

Any suggestions? :)

stridey

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2005
Massachusetts, Connecticut
quigleybc said:
Hi there,

I'm wondering if someone can point me in the right direction for an app, freeware or commercial, that can list ALL the files on my hardrive in decending order from the greatest to smallest size.

I sometimes find that my hd space has decreased and I have to manually figure out what was added that decreased the space.

Also, if the app could tell me what was added by date that would be perfect too.

Any suggestions? :)
Don't know an app like you suggest, but I find Disk Inventory X useful for cleanups and identifying hard drive use.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Can't use just do a search in Finder/Spotlight for files above xx MB, then organize them biggest to smallest or vice versa in the Finder window? I've done that many times myself and have always been able to do what I want without any headaches or problems.

20rogersc

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2005
Brighton, UK
nightdweller25 said:
Or Google search WhatSize, that's what I use.
I also reccomend this, it's not exactly what you want, but it's freeware and will do the job. It lets you browse through folders, and lists all the files (including hidden) in size order.

::20ROGERSC::

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.