Looking for an Excel feature in Numbers

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Kimi, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Kimi macrumors regular

In excel you can drag at the top of the scroll bar on the right and create a bar that separates parts of the spreadsheet so that you see two parts of the document at once. It's handy for when you've got a long table, you drag it down to see the top line with the headers in so they're always on screen. Or when you're doing calculations, you can see the output all the time when looking else where on the sheet.

Anyone know how to achieve something similar with Numbers? I've got a screen shot here showing what I mean more, note the red boxes.

Thanks for any help :)

2. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I don't have Numbers, but there's another way to separate or lock the spreadsheet in Excel. Select "Window" then "Freeze Panes." I give you this tip because there may be a similar method in Numbers.

3. MacsAttack macrumors 6502a

Don't think that feature exists...

However - a work-around...

1. Make sure the table options are set to show the header at the start of each new page (Inspector->Table->Table Options at the end).

2. Switch to Print View (File->Show Print View).

3. Adjust veiw and scale to give the desired result - a layout that you can always see the header somewhere on screen.