Looking for an External HD disk image icon

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by poiihy, Dec 31, 2014.

1. poiihy macrumors 68020

poiihy

I am looking for an icon that looks like the paper (document icon) with a yellow "external hard drive" icon which will be for a disk image of an external hard drive.

This is what the disk image icon looks like, it is an internal HD icon on the paper:
    [​IMG]

And this is what the external hard disk icon looks like:
    [​IMG]

So the idea is to have that yellow disk on the white paper instead of the gray disk. Where can I find an icon like this, or a program that makes icons like that? (I know of an app that puts icons on folders, but is there one that puts icons on document icon?)

Sorry for really big images, I made this on a retina display and it shows 4x bigger :p

2. BasicGreatGuy, Dec 31, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  3. poiihy thread starter macrumors 68020

poiihy

4. BasicGreatGuy, Dec 31, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2014

BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Click on my link again. I misread what you wanted. Is that close to what you are looking for? It was hard to see what i was doing on my old Dell computer. Hopefully, someone with a much better screen can help you out. I don't have Photoshop on my Mac. PS looks like crap on my old Dell.

5. poiihy thread starter macrumors 68020

poiihy

Yeah uhm that is like what I am looking for... but yours is hand-made and looks just like something I could do. Is there anyone already made? I'm looking for a perfect one... automatically made by a program if possible, like all of the other document icons you see are. There's an app called Telling Folders which puts icons on folders. There should be an app called Telling Documents to put icons on documents .

6. jpu macrumors member

jpu

Meanie.

7. poiihy thread starter macrumors 68020

poiihy

What meanie? How am I a meanie? I want an automatically made one, not hand made. His is not perfect and I don't expect it to be.

8. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Looks like you asked for an icon, and it "automatically" appeared (even if someone else made it!)
    If you don't expect it to be perfect, why not use the one that you got?
    I used to look for icons that could appear hand-drawn, with a little randomness. I never really found what I was looking for. You lucked into that the first time you asked! I say, Good Job...!

9. jpu macrumors member

jpu

You are asking for people to make you an icon, and then reject the ones that people make for you.

10. poiihy thread starter macrumors 68020

poiihy

No no no I meant I didn't expect his to be perfect

----------

No I am asking if anyone knows of one already made

11. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

You'll need to convert this to an icns file, but I think it's the closest you'll get.

Attached Files:

12. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

Thats not very polite after somebody trying to help you.

13. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

Its an icon, not fine art. I'll bet every icon you see is made by hand by a graphics artist, not sure what "automatically made by a program" would be???