Looking for an iMac G3

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by skateny, Mar 2, 2013.

1. skateny macrumors 6502

skateny

I've been looking for an older iMac since just before Christmas. I like the "vintage" design of these Macs, and would like to run both OS 9 and Tiger. I wouldn't buy one as an investment, but I would like it to be in good working condition.

Most items on eBay are either way overpriced or need a great deal of repair/replacement parts. Or both. Craig's List in NY is often even worse.

It's ads like the one I've pasted below that I find discouraging. $200 buy-it-now and $100 shipping? At that price, it should come with install discs and an 18-karat cold toothpick.:confused:

----------

Oops!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-iMac-...2216583?pt=Apple_Desktops&hash=item417135aa07

2. Lil Chillbil macrumors 65816

Lil Chillbil

you should have been around when my school was giving away palets full of these things

3. MisterKeeks macrumors 68000

MisterKeeks

That would be a pretty long drive from New York.

4. ihuman:D macrumors 6502a

Lol, yeah. By the way when I click the link in your sig. I get an 'Access denied'.

5. MisterKeeks macrumors 68000

MisterKeeks

I'm aware. Have been debugging, but unfortunately the admin of the server runs a business on the server, so for security reasons I don't have permission to root.

6. skateny thread starter macrumors 6502

skateny

Yeah, I've known people here and elsewhere who benefited from such events, but I've never been in that position.

Only regret having sold my own iMac, optimized and in pristine condition, and passing on a NIB TAM about a dozen years ago.

7. ocean-girl macrumors newbie

Giving away palletes....oh wow.......I had a G3 imac in blue and I just thought it was an old computer, I sold it to a classmate but should have kept it, now I am looking
    --- Post Merged, Jun 1, 2016 ---
    I am looking for a pink strawberry imac........I had one in college and gave it away or sold it to a classmate a while back! Should have kept it, had no idea how classic these are.

8. Johnny365 macrumors regular

Johnny365

Soooo...you sold the blue iMac or the Strawberry one? or you had both that you "gave away or sold to a classmate
    " ?