Looking for an iMac G3

skateny

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 19, 2012
New York, NY
I've been looking for an older iMac since just before Christmas. I like the "vintage" design of these Macs, and would like to run both OS 9 and Tiger. I wouldn't buy one as an investment, but I would like it to be in good working condition.

Most items on eBay are either way overpriced or need a great deal of repair/replacement parts. Or both. Craig's List in NY is often even worse.

It's ads like the one I've pasted below that I find discouraging. $200 buy-it-now and $100 shipping? At that price, it should come with install discs and an 18-karat cold toothpick.:confused:

----------

Oops!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-iMac-...2216583?pt=Apple_Desktops&hash=item417135aa07

MisterKeeks

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2012
Lol, yeah. By the way when I click the link in your sig. I get an 'Access denied'.
I'm aware. Have been debugging, but unfortunately the admin of the server runs a business on the server, so for security reasons I don't have permission to root.

skateny

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 19, 2012
New York, NY
you should have been around when my school was giving away palets full of these things
Yeah, I've known people here and elsewhere who benefited from such events, but I've never been in that position.

Only regret having sold my own iMac, optimized and in pristine condition, and passing on a NIB TAM about a dozen years ago.

ocean-girl

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2016
Giving away palletes....oh wow.......I had a G3 imac in blue and I just thought it was an old computer, I sold it to a classmate but should have kept it, now I am looking
[doublepost=1464811174][/doublepost]I am looking for a pink strawberry imac........I had one in college and gave it away or sold it to a classmate a while back! Should have kept it, had no idea how classic these are.

Johnny365

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2015
Giving away palletes....oh wow.......I had a G3 imac in blue and I just thought it was an old computer, I sold it to a classmate but should have kept it, now I am looking
[doublepost=1464811174][/doublepost]I am looking for a pink strawberry imac........I had one in college and gave it away or sold it to a classmate a while back! Should have kept it, had no idea how classic these are.

Soooo...you sold the blue iMac or the Strawberry one? or you had both that you "gave away or sold to a classmate
" ?