Looking For An iPhone 4 Case With...

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Th3KaNgSt3R, May 13, 2011.

1. Th3KaNgSt3R macrumors newbie

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good looking and good quality case that does not cover the back at all, and at least has a front or back lip, so that when I lay it flat the screen doesn't touch the ground. And is also very thin.

Thanks

2. Laike macrumors member

You're looking for bumper cases. If you're interested in Silicone and plastic, the SGP bumpers are pretty popular. Personally I've just used bumpers from DealExtreme with some good success. They're dirt cheap and easily replaceable.

3. BlaqkAudio macrumors 6502

I have the SGP Neo Hybrid EX. While it does feel nice compared to the Apple bumpers, due to it's two piece design, the silicone does get loose after a while. Also, the plastic around the dock connector is thin and prone to breaking.

4. Shenaniganz08 macrumors 6502

you have to choose your poison

apple bumper doesnt have an entire plastic shell = it will get loose after time

sgp ex = people complain that the bottom sags

so you should make your decision based on this

a) If you are the kind of person that takes his case on and off a lot then choose the SGP EX ( the apple bumper gets loose after multiple changes)

b) If you are the kind of person that shoves his phone into his pocket/purse/etc without much regard then get the apple bumper ( the SGP ex bottom silicone will sag if its pulled/too much friction on it)

I have both, and honestly can't say there is a clear winner. If the apple bumper had a hard plastic shell that went completely around the phone It would be the clear winner, oh well

5. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

There is also the Casemate Hula and Agent18 Shockband.

6. JASApplications macrumors 65816

7. meetcrystal macrumors newbie

meetcrystal

8. JessicaR macrumors member

The SportGrip Edge has edge protection so you don't screw up the sides. It also has a protective film so you don't mess up the screen. It comes in several colors so you don't have to get blue.
    [​IMG]