Looking for an iPhone 5 case that will work with the Lightning to 30-pin Adapter

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by -Knight-, Mar 24, 2013.

1. -Knight- macrumors 6502a

-Knight-

Anyone know of a decent case that will work with the Apple Lightning to 30-pin Adapter??

The bottom has be open enough so that adapter can fit properly. I have an iHome iD9 that would like to also use as a charger for my iPhone 5 but it has the 30pin on it.

This is the adapter i'm talking about in case anyone needs to know...
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD823ZM/A/lightning-to-30-pin-adapter?fnode=45

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

2. miss.manson macrumors 6502a

miss.manson

In my experience the otter box defender, commuter, and casemate tough extreme work with this adapter.

3. -Knight- thread starter macrumors 6502a

-Knight-

Thanks for the suggestions, They look like great cases for protection but they are too bulky for me. Looking for something thinner/sleeker so I can put the iphone in my pocket.

4. miss.manson macrumors 6502a

miss.manson

I find the case mate to be pretty sleek. I don't have a problem with getting it in and out my pocket.

5. Delta438 macrumors member

Any of those ultra thin cases with an open bottom should work. Not entirely sure if Power Support Air Jacket works. If you have enough money to spend, Draco 5 should work with the adapter as well.

6. titleist59 macrumors newbie

Casemate Extreme Charging Port Cover

I have the Casemate Extreme and after charging the phone I can not get the charging port cover to close. It basically just hangs open. The only way I can get it to close is if I totally remove the case from the phone and then close the cover then put it back on. Does anyone else have this problem? I returned it to the company but the new case they sent has the same problem

7. ich1ban macrumors regular

ich1ban

I had the same question. I just bought a $100 case and I have to take it off every time I want to listen to music in my car :(

8. allisfair macrumors member

another case-mate one that works is the pop! w/ kickstand.

9. bighabeeb macrumors 6502

I bought the imitation sector 5 from willcases.com and the adapter fit ok...case was alright, as knockoffs go, but don't use their backing. It'll leave sticky crap all over your phone when you remove it.