Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TJ82

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Not sure if what I'm looking for exists, though I've found some similar looking things..

Basically when I'm riding I like to pull my phone out and snap pics while moving. Not scenery or whatever, of other riders so they can use later.

It doesn't work well for two reasons - I need the phone to be landscape, and the phone will topple over if I don't hold it at a forward angle. (Try holding your phone in your left hand, then taking the shot with your thumb to get the idea, now add that to riding on bumpy roads).

I need a lightweight grip that isn't bulky, and preferably has a button on it. Also should hold the phone landscape. Works with Apple's own app or can wake with a press of a button would be massive bonuses.

Anyone know if there is anything, or has any ideas about making this work?

6+ by the way!

Who Cares

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2012
Not sure if what I'm looking for exists, though I've found some similar looking things..

Basically when I'm riding I like to pull my phone out and snap pics while moving. Not scenery or whatever, of other riders so they can use later.

It doesn't work well for two reasons - I need the phone to be landscape, and the phone will topple over if I don't hold it at a forward angle. (Try holding your phone in your left hand, then taking the shot with your thumb to get the idea, now add that to riding on bumpy roads).

I need a lightweight grip that isn't bulky, and preferably has a button on it. Also should hold the phone landscape. Works with Apple's own app or can wake with a press of a button would be massive bonuses.

Anyone know if there is anything, or has any ideas about making this work?

6+ by the way!

Have you seen this?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mymiggo/pictar-probably-the-best-iphone-camera-grip-ever-b

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.