Looking for an IT Job. Has any one used a technical recruiter?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ClassicII, Jan 28, 2010.

1. ClassicII macrumors 6502

ClassicII

Hey Guys,

I am trying to find a technical job. I would really like to work with macs but few if any jobs like that exist. For now a computer repair job or Help Desk position would be very nice. Just a little background info, I am Apple Certified in desktops, portables and 10.5 Leopard. I am also an A+ Certified IT Technician. I have 10 years of computer experience with a little college but no degree (I know that part is hurting me right now).

I have had only a few interviews so far. Most jobs I apply to I never hear from again. I understand that things are tough out there and many people are more qualified than me but I have to get something going!

That is why I am asking about tech recruiters.

Has any one actually landed a contract job from them? If so how did it go?
    Did the job lead to a permanent position?

Every thing I have heard has been negative. From low pay, due to how much of a cut the recruiter is getting. No benefits and crappy, if any heath insurance. I also hear that everything is all nice and happy until you are placed at a job then the recruiter is done with you.

Any insight would be helpful! :)

2. bzollinger macrumors 6502a

bzollinger

Sorry I don't know anything about recruiters. I can say that when I needed an IT job I beat down a lot of doors.

I grabbed the yellow pages and spent an hour just writing down potential businesses that needed my services. Then I spent even more time blindly sending resumes and cover letters to everyone.

Eventually it worked!!

Good luck! Remember the law of attraction!