Looking for an iTunes related Application.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Sgt.Pepper, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Sgt.Pepper macrumors member

Is there an application out there that will put the name of current song I'm playing in my menu bar, so I can see what the song is without having to stop what I'm doing bring the iTunes window up and then bring the window I was working in back the the front?
    It's such a hassle doing that, and some application that does as I described would be great.

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

There are a couple of programs that do that. Barquee used to do this, but it has not been updated for Leopard amongst other OS updates. its unfortunate because it was the nicest looking program that had the feature you want. Otherwise you can try this.

3. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

There are several fine iTunes Controller apps out there, such as Synergy, or CoverSutra. :cool:

4. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

I think Growl has something like you're looking for...

5. CgnAquarius macrumors newbie

Playwatch does exactly what you are looking for. It displays iTunes information, like Title, Album, Artist, etc. as a ticker in the menu bar. It shows cover-art and lyrics on demand.

Maybe this helps?!

6. thatghost macrumors newbie

7. Sgt.Pepper thread starter macrumors member

I ended up going with Playwatch, which is perfect for what I want. I recommend it for anyone looking for what I was.