Looking for an old Black and White Mac Space Travel Game

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by jimbojones1, Dec 22, 2015.

1. jimbojones1 macrumors newbie

jimbojones1

Hello,

I have been trying to find this space game i used to play as a child on my dads computer however i cant remember the name and am struggling to find it. If it rings any bells please let me know, as i would love to play it again, because i remember it as the coolest game i have ever played. Here is what i remember of it, some of the 'facts' maybe a little of as its been close to 20 years (man i am getting old).

- First person spacecraft travel game, all in black and white.

- You could land on planets and go into the space station. When in a space station (now in 3rd person birds eye view) you could walk around and even play video games on the computers they had there ! You had to be careful though, some of the space stations were dangerous, and you could eaten by an abominable snowman. Also on the space stations in order to get into some rooms you had to steel card keys to enter certain rooms.

- When travelling at warp speed you had to fly in between circular lines

- Periodically you could swolled by a black hole and it would say something like "you have been eaten by a black hole".

Just even thinking about it gets me excited, i hope it all wasnt a dream.

all the best and happy festival holidays from 2015!

2. savvos macrumors regular

Perhaps you are looking for Space Rogue? On a 4-bit Mac it had a limited range of colors. Definitely one of my favorites, along with Scarab of Ra.

3. jimbojones1 thread starter macrumors newbie

jimbojones1

YES I THINK THIS COULD BE THE ONE, thanks so much ! ! ! ! Although it is weird the i remmber it in BnW which differs from the playback footage but the space station looks the same:

Any advice on how i can play it again ?

4. StuPidQPid macrumors member

It's available at Macintosh Garden - along with loads of other cool old Mac games
    http://macintoshgarden.org/games/space-rogue

Seems to run fine using SheepShaver Mac OS 9 emulator under El Capitan using 1bit color (black and white)!

5. jimbojones1 thread starter macrumors newbie

jimbojones1

6. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Love the space games. This is neat. Glad someone still has the package with it.

OP - Which mac did you use?

Looks like you can also play in 16 whole colors! Probably made for early Mac II's and LC's... :)