Looking for an online course - iphone/ipad/iwatch/macbook reapir

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ordord, Aug 10, 2017.

1. ordord macrumors newbie

Hello,

I'm from the UK and I'm looking for a course(s) that would teach me from scratch how to repair all of the apple products, to the advanced level. I would be really grateful if you could give me a piece of advice on that, I've been googling that but haven't really found a proper course covering all iphones or all ipads. Only some amateur videos how to exchange a screen etc. I've also found an apple care technician course, however there seems to be no curriculum nor is there any description, hence I found it quite baffling to predict the content.

Thank you in advance for all recommendations.

Ordord

2. canuckRus macrumors 6502a

canuckRus

IFixit too basic? https://www.ifixit.com/Guide

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

I doubt you will find anything; Apple does not give out schematics for their products nor lessons in repairs. Plus the genuine Apple parts are not for sale.

4. ordord thread starter macrumors newbie

It does not have to be provided by apple. Thank you for the ifix, I'm checking it out now. It seems to be really really cool! Have you heard of something similar for Samsung?

5. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Have some electronics experience is helpful but all you really do to repair these devices is replace parts. There is little to no repairs to the circuit boards as they are so tightly packed . . .well even Apple does little repairs to them. You best bet would be to go and work for someone who has this experience.

6. old-wiz macrumors G3

Repairing the logic boards tends to be not worth the cost - it costs more to pay a tech person to find the problem and fix it, so they just toss the board into recycle. IBM did this over 20 years ago. Newton'sApple is right - it is near impossible to fix things on boards that were built by machines and are so small and tightly packed.

7. ordord thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much guys, your advice is really precious to me. The ifix website seems to be really great, everything is very well explained there. I am now thinking about buying the tools as well as a bunch of broken iphones to train disassembling and assembling them again. Does it sound like a right idea? Do you think that I should buy all 5, 5s, 5c, 6s, 6s+ etc up to 7? Or maybe 6 and 6+ are so alike that repairing them is basically the same thing?

Once I've gathered a list of all starting tools, can I post them here and ask for your opinion on it's fullness?

Thank you once again!

8. canuckRus macrumors 6502a

canuckRus

Older model phones tend to require more attention down the road.

9. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Apple has some of the highest density circuit boards on earth. I read that only the military can pack more into the same area